Friday, June 24, 2011

Yellow Bush Lupine - the yellow version


As promised in the last entry, here are some photos of yellow bush lupine that is actually yellow.  I cheated a bit though; these are from Sonoma county.  Not that there's any shortage of specimens in Mendo Co., I just happened to be working on the Sonoma coast and these were not only convenient but also bathed in that gorgeous evening summer sunlight.  We've been enjoying our ration of sunlight here on the coast this first week of summer, and I thought these lupines showed off theat summery glowing feeling pretty well.  



Fuzzy seed pods are developing even while the shrubs are full of fresh flowers.



And the obligatory shot of the flowers with the ocean backdrop...


Now it's time to play catch up.  I've got a bit of a back log to post, as I've been more busy with photographing than blogging, which I think is a positive thing all in all...stay tuned for adorable furry lilies, subjectively cute furry bumblebees, and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment